Wings of the Goddess
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A RPG based on greek and roman mythology.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Bit of Negotiation

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sai Valour

Sai Valour

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-06-09

A Bit of Negotiation Empty
PostSubject: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 6:47 pm

The seer stood out of her rooms. She was visiting Egypt to attend a celebration of a union between this country and Rome.
She didn't believe it though. As a guest of honor, she sat herself down behind the pharoah. Her desire was to be left out of the conversation and to just observe.
Of course, that didn't mean she couldn't enjoy herself.
Looking at the food placed before her she smiled but really, she was grimacing. She wasn't a fan of this kind of food. Looking around, she tried to find some fruit, not realizing that another had just sat next to her.
Back to top Go down
Mar Esperanza
Cesar
Mar Esperanza

Number of posts : 186

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 6:54 pm

Mar was in a very bad mood, not only did he have to wait on a boat for several mouths to get to the stupid continent he also had to trudge though several billion grains of sand to get here. Sand was in everything, his armor, his boots, his hair hell he had some in his mouth. His party of Urban Cohort resembled his mood all with frowns on their faces capes dirty and torn as the pretty much kicked the door open revealing themselfs and Mar as they took postion near their king as he sat down. "........" Mar said nothing not bothering to speak to anyone.
Back to top Go down
https://wotg.forumotion.com
Sai Valour

Sai Valour

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 7:01 pm

Ugh...sand had gotten on the only piece of fruit Sai saw.
When she looked to the person responsible, she frowned, "Roman."
Shifting over to the pharaoh, Sai whispered something in his ear that made him laugh.
Sai was to be one of the translators. The two looked at Mar and gave a soft laugh.
Another translator arrived and the Pharaoh told her something.
Nodding, the translator looked to Mar's king, "If you'd like, your men and yourself may...how you say...clean? Before coming to the banquet."

A girl said something else to Sai in her language and Sai laughed.
"It's their nature." Sai replied back. Seeing the man to her side glance, she frowned.
She shouldn't give of the impression that they were talking about the Romans.
She cleared her throat and drank from her goblet. Too bad it had sand in it.
Back to top Go down
Mar Esperanza
Cesar
Mar Esperanza

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 7:10 pm

"Fucking sand, Fucking, Eygpt, Fucking Pharaoh, I should have ordered the Brutii to despose of them when I had the chance!" Mar cursed several times in latin as he stood up nodding to the Pharaoh and the rest of the guests before leaveing the room with his Urban Cohort legion trailing behind him.
Back to top Go down
Sai Valour

Sai Valour

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 7:12 pm

Sai was appalled at the language.
Hm...she could tell the pharaoh, but the alliance would be broken...
Standing up from her seat she followed the man.
"I'll be back." She said to the King of Egypt before standing from her seat.
Given leave she hurried out the golden doors.
Back to top Go down
Mar Esperanza
Cesar
Mar Esperanza

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 7:21 pm

Mar was walking to his desinated suit with his Urban Cohort following. "Mar." One of them said as they turned a cornor. "Why are we here?" Mar and his Urban Cohort legion where close. Close enough that they could freely say his first name to without being punished. "We are here because of my idoit father. He belives that we can bend these people under our rule. Frankly I dont care what happens to these people they are to far from Rome for us to control but my father is to stupid to notice. He wants more land, it's not a bad idea but his going in the compleate wrong direction. Dont get me wrong I would kill these people off without a second thought for the golry of rome but it would be useless and im not killing off my Legions like water is Rome's blood you brave romans are her arms and hands streeching out to the furthest cornors of the world delivering civilization." Mar stopped at his door and opened it. "Who ever rules rome...rules the world.." Mar walked in and closed shut the door.
Back to top Go down
Sai Valour

Sai Valour

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 8:54 pm

Coming out from the corner, Sai stepped into the light once the two men were gone.
"Disgusting Roman dogs." she said. "Wanting nothing but blood."
That man was a nuisance. No matter. With him out of the way, Sai would be able to steer his father away from war and Egypt. Him? Control Egypt? Ha.
It' too far.
Sai made her way back to the banquet room and translated the words exchanged with the Pharaoh.
Where she really wanted to be was Greece. But, the entertainment wasn't that bad.
During the negotiations, Sai was proud that she was able to get imports and exports for the Pharaoh.
This was how it should be. Words were the weapons of Seers. Nothing could ruin this evening.
Back to top Go down
Mar Esperanza
Cesar
Mar Esperanza

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:11 pm

Mar along side his freshly cleaned Urban Cohort legion made their appearance once again. With the dirt and grime from many months of sailing and crossing a giant sandbox they returned to their normal selfs a teenage roman girls so kindly stated as "Sex GODS" Each roman in that room knew that every woman in that room was fantasizing but said nothing as they stood in postion as Mar sat down and spoke to the Pharaoh. "It's a pleasure to announce out alliance, Rome shall send several Units to help out with your campain against the Seleucid Empire."
Back to top Go down
Sai Valour

Sai Valour

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:20 pm

Hearing some of the servant girls talk, Sai warned them to hold their visage. They had to keep up their dignity. This was the enemy. Some of them stopped giggling but their smiles didn't leave.
"Back to your posts!" Sai hissed when she actually saw them drawing lots to see who would serve the one that would sit next to Sai.
"He's just a dog. They're all the same, Remember you are children of Egypt! Act like it!"
Turning back to the Pharaoh, he started to laugh, "You have to admit, he's a handsome one."
Sai gave look at the Pharaoh, "Your Highness I can still smell the sand from his robes. But if dirty and soiled are the way your servants like their men, then by all means-"
It wasn't until she turned when she almost choked on her drink. The dirty Roman actually looked good.
The Pharaoh laughed again.
"He said...Pharaoh please stop laughing, he said that 'It's a pleasure to announce out alliance, Rome shall send several Units to help out with your campain against the Seleucid Empire'"

The Pharaoh nodded and said to tell the Roman it was very much appreciated and that he's glad the two countries would live in peace. Many Imports of silk would be given as gifts. Along with a pillar carved with Roman victories.
Back to top Go down
Mar Esperanza
Cesar
Mar Esperanza

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:29 pm

Mar nodded and smiled despite every where he looked there was sand he was actually enjoying himself. Despite the fact that he didn’t really care for these people or their campaign his father was forcing him to do so. The faster this is over the faster we can leave. Mar almost made a face at the thought of going to sea again. He was strangely fearful of large bodies of water and made it no secret when he plainly said in every language he knew that he would rather walk form Rome to Egypt then go by ship. Mar lowered his drink and shifted his eyes over at his legion they seemed to be enjoying themselves also chatting up some of the Egyptian girls not that he cared romance was the last thing on his mind. His eyes shifted back until he remembered the large item in storage back on the Roman fleet. “Oh yes, before I forget your majesty, I have a gift for you. A one of a kind item that will surely please you, ill send word to retrieve it for you it should get here by tomorrow morning it’s quite big.
Back to top Go down
Sai Valour

Sai Valour

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:33 pm

Sai frowned when she heard this.
She quickly translated the Roman's words to the Pharaoh.
The Pharaoh looked very pleased, "Tell him I can't wait to accept it."
Taking a breath, she looked back to the Pharaoh, "We should ask what it is. It could be poising for all we know."
"This is a union. Why would they do that. Romans are honorable. Despite they're...fanatics."

Turning to the Roman, Sai smiled. "He can't wait."
She said through her teeth.
Back to top Go down
Mar Esperanza
Cesar
Mar Esperanza

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:52 pm

Mar nodded and returned to his meal before turning back toward the translator, "Tell me, miss. I've noticed that you do not necessarily like me. And why is that I wonder? My legion has reported you snooping around our quarters. What have I done to offend you? If I have I give you my apologies. I the distrust in your eyes and I say why? Because im Roman I admit im no different I enjoy blood more then I enjoy breathing. But war has thought me something, if you want something you have to go out and take it and that’s what I plan to do.” He smiled at the alarm growing in her face. “Sense you where caught easedroping I take it you heard my talk from before. I do say my father does plan on adding Egypt to Rome’s territory despite its relative…distance away from the capital. I apologize I went off topic as I said before the distrust you think im going to attack these people, im not. Even if these men are the best of the best we cannot defeat an army. You could kill us off right now but that would start a war with Rome something you don’t need. But back on topic again the item im giving the Pharaoh is a one of a kind item. I acquired it from an empire whose name is forgotten and shall remain so. The Hourglass of Time the sole container of the sands of time. It’s quite beautiful actually and would love to keep it for myself if I didn’t suddenly grow an absolute hatred for sand.” Mar spoke in rich fluid Latin speaking out every letter perfectly as he spoke.
Back to top Go down
Sai Valour

Sai Valour

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:17 am

Not showing it on her face, Sai did feel a bit guilty. Not because of her eavesdropping, but because she was caught. She didn't regret it.
The Pharaoh waited patiently. "what did he say?"
"He said the gift is called the hourglass of time."Sai replied.
Giving an unsure look, the Pharaoh quirked a brow, "It sounded much longer than that."
Sai smiled at the Egyptian, "He thinks Egypt is beautiful. He really likes the sand."
His eyes lit up, "Then we will give them boxes of sand!"
Sai laughed then turned her attention to the Roman.
"You can be charming. I'll admit." Sai said, "Despite my eavesdropping, you've proven yourself to be very...courteous. But. It is not the fact that you won't attack Egypt, it's the fact that you would. Just for the sake of your own bloodlust. You tell me, sir. Can you really trust a hungry animal?"

She turned to the Pharaoh and said, "I apologize,king, but I can not sit at the same table nor eat with a-...person who is too different. I will come back, but later."

Sai trudged off from the banquet hall while another translator took her place.
She couldn't stay after she just called him an animal. Dang it. She was still hungry.
Back to top Go down
Mar Esperanza
Cesar
Mar Esperanza

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:28 am

Mar frowned as she arose; he gently grabbed her rest and pulled her down slightly whispering in her ear. “You may not trust me miss, but it doesn’t matter wither or not you do so. There’s nothing to be gained from these people so there’s no reason to attack. Will you at least tell me your name? I would love to know it you are the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. But if not that is fine also.” He released her and returned to his meal and started chatting with his legionaries.
Back to top Go down
Sai Valour

Sai Valour

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:33 am

A red tinge was painted across her face. Hearing the servants laughing, she gave them a glare that would have shut up Hades himself.
The Pharaoh sighed, "Don't leave, you're the best translator here. The other ones skip words."
Sai slowly sat down. And cleared her throat and said to the Roman, "It's Sai."
"The only reason why I'm staying is because the Pharaoh asked me." She stated clearly.
More a lie than a truth.
Back to top Go down
Mar Esperanza
Cesar
Mar Esperanza

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:38 am

Mar took her hand and kissed it. “Mar Esperanza it’s a pleasure to meet you Miss Sai.” He gave her a smile as he returned to his meal. He finally noticed it; he didn’t know what the hell this was. “Did that…thing…just move!?” Mar exclaimed suddenly feeling very sick, this reminded him of all those fish from sea. They didn’t stink at first but after a while…
Back to top Go down
Sai Valour

Sai Valour

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:45 am

Curious to why he just jumped she looked at his plate then laughed, "Trust me it looks worse than it actually is....Eat it quickly or it'll bite you."
Sai lifted hers up with an eating utensil, grimaced, only for a moment though lest the Pharaoh see, and swallowed one of the small moving thing whole. "Chew it's head first."
"Remember, Roman...Mar." She cautioned him, "This is the negotiations. If you don't eat it's offensive. It's like saying you're too good to eat the food they have. Eat up."
She wanted to laugh so hard, but then she winced, "Ow...it bit me."
Back to top Go down
Mar Esperanza
Cesar
Mar Esperanza

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:50 am

“Oh god…” Mar muttered as he quite violently implied the small living creature with his fork and knife. A sick sadistic grin came to his face as he stabbed, shank, knifed, sliced, jabbed, thrust along with every other sword move he knew until his plate was more or less a pile of mush. Obviously he has never heard the quote, ‘Don’t play with your food.’
Back to top Go down
Sai Valour

Sai Valour

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:55 am

"Well that takes out the fun of it." Sai replied to his actions.
Just then she felt a tug on her clothes. When she turned she saw a little servant girl who looked so happy.
"Yes?" Sai said.
The girl smiled brightly, "I won the lots so I can serve this table, water Lady Sai?"
Sai sighed, "Ok, just don't stare at him too much or you'll drop your pitcher."
"Thank you!" The girl bowed and started to serve. When she came to Mar, she blushed and sighed, "You really are beautiful. Lady Sai, please translate that to him?"
She dropped the pitcher.
"The container!" Sai held our her hands, but missed it.
Back to top Go down
Mar Esperanza
Cesar
Mar Esperanza

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 11:02 am

Mar turned around and looked down at the girl as the pitcher fell on top of him drenching him in ice cold water. “………” Mar frowned looked at the girl then looked back up at his plate spitting out a large amount of water not noticing his shirt sticking to his body made his chest very noticeable and see though. “Anyone wants to hand me a towel that would be nice…” Mar said though gritted teeth as he rung his hair out and shivered.
Back to top Go down
Sai Valour

Sai Valour

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 11:10 am

"Wow...did not see that coming." Sai said, holding back a laugh.
The girl started to cry. Her one chance and she ruined it. Now she would probably be beaten.
Alarmed at what had just occurred, the Pharaoh turned to see a crying child, and a drenched Roman. "What-" His voice was being raised, but Sai turned to the pharaoh, "I will handle this, as you tend to your guests."
The Pharaoh sighed, but nodded, "Alright." With a gesture of his hand, he gave Sai leave.
"Come with me." Sai said to Mar.
She glanced down, but only for a glance. He was...in good shape. Turning to the girl Sai spoke, "It's ok, just clean this up alright? And bring a bowl of fruit to...ah...where can we go..."
Now speaking in Latin, "Do you have an extra pair of clothes? If you're going to your quarters I will accompany you if needed. You might get lost."
Back to top Go down
Mar Esperanza
Cesar
Mar Esperanza

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 11:14 am

Mar nodded, “Clothing, no at least nothing for this ill just wear my armor I suppose.” Mar passed up the girl and patted her on the head as he went by. He legionaries ready to follow took a step. “No, stand down go back to your meals and you’re uh, new friends.” He gestured over to the Egyptian women that where pretty much more or less thrown over the Romans. Mar giving a slight laugh walked out the room creating a puddle, “Which way is it again?” He asked looking at several different hallways each looking exactly alike they even had the same amount of sand!
Back to top Go down
Sai Valour

Sai Valour

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 11:25 am

As the two were in the hall, a very pretty woman slipped out from another hallway. Pharaoh's daughter.
"Your Highness." Sai stated.
The girl looked from Sai to Mar. "Is he..." She looked again to Sau, "yours?"
Sai's eyes widened, "No!"
"Can I have him?" She said hopefully.
Shrugging, Sai said, "If he'll take you. But remember, you are a-"
"Child of Egypt, yes. You're so dull, Seer." Turning to the Roman she gently grazed him as she passed, "Hope to see you soon."
Why...was Sai...angry?
"Let's go then." Sai trudged off.
After a few winding corridors, they found the room. "I'll wait here, as you get changed."
Back to top Go down
Mar Esperanza
Cesar
Mar Esperanza

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 11:30 am

Mar said nothing as the two woman passed them up, he didn’t know what they said but he had an idea. As they stopped at the door Mar thanked her and walked inside taking off all the clothing from his body drying off and putting on his custom Urban Cohort armor and walked out with his blue cape. With his family the house of Scipii on the back of the cape. “Perhaps you could give me a tour Lady Sai, I really don’t want to go back in there…” Mar laughed and gave her a half you better say yes and a half please say yes look.
Back to top Go down
Sai Valour

Sai Valour

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 11:38 am

They really should go back...but...if Sai had to go back to the horrible food, she might loose it.
"I suppose...we could tour the garden along the nile..." Sai said uncertainly. "But we can't be seen. Ugh, this isn't proper behavior for a seer."
Then she said in Egyptian, "Especially a Greek Seer."
The two walked along the brightly lit corridors. Everyone was at the banquet eating live food, while they were touring the halls soon to be garden.
"Egypt is very famous for their silk, and milk baths. Everything here is more about...pleasure. Not much of democracy. That's why this is so big for the Pharaoh. He's opening up to the world for the first time. He could care less about the other side as long as Egypt can live how it's always lived."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Negotiation   A Bit of Negotiation Empty

Back to top Go down

A Bit of Negotiation
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wings of the Goddess :: Locations inside the world :: Egypt-
Jump to: